You have no items in your shopping cart.
6 Top Benefits Of Engineered Wood Flooring
Tuesday 28 March 2017 08:51:53 Europe/Dublin
Engineered wood flooring is a new development but is already popular in the market for many reasons. It has made a place in the hearts and minds of buyers, and industrial manufacturers are increasingly investing in it as well. What are the benefits of engineered wood flooring which lead to such popularity? How is it better than the others? Let’s find out.
Is it a sudden coincidence that more and more people are investing in engineered wood more? Perhaps not. This kind of product has several benefits which go a long way to increase its popularity.
- 1) Engineered wooden floors closely resemble real wood: One of the greatest benefits of this product is that you can get something which resembles authentic wood. In fact, it feels like the real thing under your feet, and as we shall see later on, because it costs less in comparison to other products it is quite popular. When this product was first sold, buyers thought that it was just another new variety of existing real wood flooring. In fact, the difference was hard to tell apart even by critics!
- 2) Engineered wooden flooring does not expand and contract like real wood: If there is one bad thing about authentic wooden flooring, it is that they expand in summer and contract in winter. Can you see the problem? Let’s say that you have a room that is 100 square feet that you want to have wooden flooring installed at. Now, you cannot install too close to the wall and must leave some space for wood expansion in the warmer months. However, you will also need to calculate how far the floor shall contract in the winter. As you can see, during contraction your room shall see quite unfinished at the edges and in case you install too close to the wall, the edges may crack against the walls! Engineered wood does not have this problem. It does not expand and contract according to the seasons. This also means that it safe to install it in the kitchen and bathroom where the levels of moisture fluctuate.
- 3) Engineered wood is one of the most durable products out there: This product is made up of multiple layers that are tightly bonded together. At the top of the layers is the final layer of a soft wood. Due to this construction, these are very tough and durable. As they are long lasting, they give true value for your money.
- 4) They can be sanded easily: Perhaps the only downside to this kind of product is that they cannot be sanded multiple times, this depends on the overall thickness of the boards. However, engineered wood can indeed be sanded.
- 5) These are easy to install: Engineered wooden planks are, in comparison to others, easier to lay an install. It is easy to do as well, which is why these also come in DIY packages.
- 6) A perfect cost to value ratio: Engineered wooden planks do not cost as much as they may seem, by looked at all the benefits. As a result, these are highly cost effective.
Engineered wood flooring has many benefits as we have seen. In conclusion, it solves many problems which other products in its class suffer from.